View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 12:36 AM   #17 (permalink)
myrefugeisintheLord
Learning Aeromodding

Metro - '93 Geo Metro 4 door hatchback
90 day: 35.26 mpg (US)
Dave,
Simple isn't always the best course of action. Unfortunately the stock CRX HF is well on its way to extinction. I was fortunate to get one that is completely stock. I'm not much for "classic" cars, nor do I have the ability to keep things looking new for a long time (and still use it). But I would like to try my best to give my CRX the option to be completely stock, and in as good of condition as I can manage. It's going to be QUITE a challenge for me, personally. But I want to do my best. I can always decide down the road to do irreversible things to it, but I can never go back, after it's done.

Plus I see this as a good opportunity to learn another good skill.

.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.< >.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.

I made some progress on the wheel covers today. The lug nuts are drilled, and the covers are drilled too. I realized I didn't have all I needed to epoxy the nuts.

I liked Tango Charlie's suggestion to use cardboard to hold the lug nuts in place while the epoxy is drying. So I made a make shift holder type thing. I cut holes that are a bit too small in a box I had (I cut the end of the box off). It's made out of extra thick cardboard. Then filled it with strips to give the nuts something to rest on.

Does that make sense?

Then I took a few minuets to figure out a way to hold the lug nuts in place while I'm trying to drill holes in the tops. What I figured out was using the spare tire and a spare lug bolt to make a holder. I had to use a spacer on the lug bolt to make it work.

More then half of the lug nuts don't have the holes perfectly centered. But hey, I'm not a machine! It'll be fine.
Then I got the covers drilled. (These pictured turned out pretty bad, I'll update them soon.)

They are serving trays from Amazon. $7 a piece, which is more then I wanted to pay! But I was set on having black, and it seemed like the best choice. Plus it's readily available, so I'll be the guinea pig and try them out for everyone. I already don't care for them much....