Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Batman Junior

Blackfly - '98 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Last 3: 70.09 mpg (US)

MPGiata - '90 Mazda Miata
90 day: 52.71 mpg (US)

Even Fancier Metro - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage top spec
90 day: 70.75 mpg (US)

Appliance car - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (base)
90 day: 60.16 mpg (US)
Thanked 6,957 Times in 3,602 Posts
Congrats!

With the warming weather + that MPGuino, you'll soon be leaving 63.9 mpg in the dust.

Ecodriving test: Manual vs. automatic transmission MPG showdown

EcoModder
has launched a forum for the efficient new Mitsubishi Mirage
www.MetroMPG.com - fuel efficiency info for Geo Metro owners
www.ForkenSwift.com - electric car conversion on a beer budget
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Really good! U beat my pr of 56 mpg no eoc. Can't wait to see your results as I have a crx also
Old 03-07-2013, 07:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

CRX:HF - '89 Honda CRX HF
90 day: 53.05 mpg (US)

NameGoesHere - '15 Volkswagen Golf TDI SEL

NameGoesHere - '15 Volkswagen Golf TDI SEL
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrefugeisintheLord View Post
I made the 60+ MPG mark! I was nearly jumping for joy when the fuel pump clicked off! Must have looked pretty weird to all the other folks fueling up!

394.9 miles \ 6.177 Gallons = 63.93 MPG Woo Hoo!! That makes both the CRX's, and my personal best mileage!
Wow... I feel like I am in my own little personal competition with you now. Hahaha.. But you'll have a two year head start on me so I will have a lot to learn from you when I get back. That being said, keep it up!!

Follow me on Twitter. @secsieAzul
Old 03-07-2013, 09:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
Learning Aeromodding

Metro - '93 Geo Metro 4 door hatchback
90 day: 35.26 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatta4 View Post
Wow... I feel like I am in my own little personal competition with you now. Hahaha..
Lol, I kind of felt that way too. I prefer smaller/friendly competitions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatta4 View Post
But you'll have a two year head start on me so I will have a lot to learn from you when I get back. That being said, keep it up!!
Well, when you get back, you had better come up here for one of the monthly meets! That way I can show you what I've done, and what I've learned. It's SO much easier, and more fun, in person!!

Edit: Wow.... what a though! If my dream of going to automotive collage actually materializes, then in two years, I'll be coming up on graduation!! That, or goals to keep going another 2 years in something a bit more specialized. I'm so anxious to start school!!

Last edited by myrefugeisintheLord; 03-07-2013 at 10:20 PM..
Old 03-11-2013, 11:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
Learning Aeromodding

So, I'm going to stick with my resolution to keep the CRX stock capable. No harness cutting. Not even for the exception of the MPGuino. I'm going to learn how to solder circuit boards so I can install the MPGuino directly to the ECU. A replaceable part. We'll see how long it takes me to find someone I can learn from, or if I get around to learning it out of a book, but I may pick up a second ECU and do the install on that, keeping mine for the "stock" version of my CRX.

For other CRX owners, the info on my planned install is found here: MPGuino - @ CRXcommunity

I have accepted Jethro's challenge to reach 100 MPG THIS Summer. Read about it here. He wants to see who can make it there first. So, I'm going to kick myself into gear and get going on ecomodding! (pun intended)

70 MPG, HERE I COME!!!
Old 03-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Gonna be a lot harder to solder a daughter board onto the ECU. Very much simpler to use some decent-quality "vampire taps" or splice into the wiring harness. It's also relatively easily reversible, if not quite invisible.

-soD
Old 03-13-2013, 12:36 AM   #17 (permalink)
Learning Aeromodding

Dave,
Simple isn't always the best course of action. Unfortunately the stock CRX HF is well on its way to extinction. I was fortunate to get one that is completely stock. I'm not much for "classic" cars, nor do I have the ability to keep things looking new for a long time (and still use it). But I would like to try my best to give my CRX the option to be completely stock, and in as good of condition as I can manage. It's going to be QUITE a challenge for me, personally. But I want to do my best. I can always decide down the road to do irreversible things to it, but I can never go back, after it's done.

Plus I see this as a good opportunity to learn another good skill.

.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.< >.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.

I made some progress on the wheel covers today. The lug nuts are drilled, and the covers are drilled too. I realized I didn't have all I needed to epoxy the nuts.

I liked Tango Charlie's suggestion to use cardboard to hold the lug nuts in place while the epoxy is drying. So I made a make shift holder type thing. I cut holes that are a bit too small in a box I had (I cut the end of the box off). It's made out of extra thick cardboard. Then filled it with strips to give the nuts something to rest on.

Does that make sense?

Then I took a few minuets to figure out a way to hold the lug nuts in place while I'm trying to drill holes in the tops. What I figured out was using the spare tire and a spare lug bolt to make a holder. I had to use a spacer on the lug bolt to make it work.

More then half of the lug nuts don't have the holes perfectly centered. But hey, I'm not a machine! It'll be fine.
Then I got the covers drilled. (These pictured turned out pretty bad, I'll update them soon.)

They are serving trays from Amazon. $7 a piece, which is more then I wanted to pay! But I was set on having black, and it seemed like the best choice. Plus it's readily available, so I'll be the guinea pig and try them out for everyone. I already don't care for them much....
Old 03-16-2013, 04:50 PM   #18 (permalink)
The PRC.

Just subscribing to see what happens.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #19 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

beautiful car!
Old 03-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #20 (permalink)
Learning Aeromodding

Thank you! That's what I said when I saw Wyatta4's CRX. And when I decided I wanted to jump in and get a manual, my research for the perfect fit for me lead me straight to the 2nd gen CRX. I wasn't complaining about the looks either!

I still need to name him yet..... RAVadoodle came so much easier! CRX doesn't work for a lot of things. Lol, anyway.

You don't have a fuel log? Or a garage for that matter... What do you drive?

Reply  Post New Thread