View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 05:40 AM   #187 (permalink)
Efe
EcoModding Lurker

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd777 View Post
What ACEV is advocating will absolutely work for long haul trucks.

I believe you are thinking about a conventionally powered rig. One with a large ICE, a transmission, and a differential, or two.

That has no relation to a series hybrid configuration in this discussion. It is an apples to oranges thing.

We are venturing way off aerodynamics in this post. I am thinking about starting a new big-rig discussion in the Hybrid Forum.
Shepherd777 R u familiar or involved with epower engine systems? It seems like the design you are advocating is exactly what this company is developing. You can see their prototype unit running on youtube. Can u elaborate? If you are not part of their team you should look up to join them somehow? They might need your efficient aero designs and experience to improve their mileage.
By the way I admire your hard work and amazing designs you have created very much so far. You are a great trailblazer that sets the example for the whole industry. I wish I had the resources to underwrite your projects and 49 page business plan. May be some day when your company goes public you can tip us to buy some shares.
The Following User Says Thank You to Efe For This Useful Post:
Shepherd777 (03-23-2013)