View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 10:46 AM   #15 (permalink)
Curtis in Texas
EcoModding Lurker

Here's my one wheel trailer. I took it for a test ride last week and to show it off a little to my riding buddies. (That's why the pictures are a night!) It tows great and hard to tell it's back there.
I'm sure once it's loaded heavy it will be a different experience, so that's why I upgraded the brakes on my bike. I ride this bike solo 100%, so it won't be much different than trying to stop with a passenger in the back seat. Eventually I will add a brake to the trailer that I can operate from the handlebars. Thinking a small Go Kart Rotor and manual disc brake.
(did this trick with my 2 wheel trailer years ago) A decompression lever above the front brake lever made it easy to operate both brakes with one hand.

Maybe after I get the engine rebuilt on my 74 Honda 125 I'll build a hitch and try pulling it with that bike.
Something to fetch groceries with on the cheap!

ps: Oh, and for those purist who will study the hitch in the first picture and scratch the heads, Im going to head off that question real fast. The trailer hitch pin (the verticle silver pin) allows the side to side rotation of the trailer and the hitch rotates up and down on the cross bar on a reinforced sleeve and even has a grease zerk on the back side. Its a 2 axis hitch. This makes the trailer lean in the corners with the bike! (In case you haven't figured that art out yet)

Just my brain thinking outside the box again!

pss: The cross bar hitch on the bike rack is removeable too. Changing tires would be a bear if it didn't. 2 pins and it slides out of the receivers located under the saddle bag racks and off it comes.

psss: All rear lights are LED's BTY! I did upgrade the generator on the bike but the LED's last so much longer than incandesant bulbs.