View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 11:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
ebacherville
Veggiedynamics

Volt12 - '12 Chevy Volt base
i just got my rust free 130k miles crx thats in rough shape but totally rust free and solid and reliable for $950 and thst in the heart of the rust bucket zone of MN..

There honda's so 100k is low miles, really i expect 100k more out of mine before new motors needed..

MY drivers side window crank is funky but other than that everything in good order in a 20 year old car..

If you really want a high MPG car get a CRX HF there the highest MPG car ever.. they always a 5 speed stick and in 5th gear there under reving really low like 1800-2000 rpm at 60mph.

And yes alot are modded and riced up as there super fast cars when you drop a 200hp vtec in them.. finding a stock one is a challange.. but i found one pretty easly, just searched high and low for a few weeks and found it on craigs list.

be prepaired especially the HF is not a quiet cushy ride there short wheel based and light weight cars... there not really bad, thing a very high end go kart... there kind of noisy especially when you got your tires at 50psi.. on new tar there smooth as silk however , I love mine!!

Sadly i got a HF with a CA or High altitude tranny so it revs higher in 5th so i loose a few MPG.. but im still better than a Hybrid prius