View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 08:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
hungryhunter
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gealii View Post
Welcome to EM.
Another ZX2 there great little cars and if you tell me its bright red in color
yea they scream on the hw, but 45 this summer should be easy if you pulse with eoc

and off to the left side under my zx2 is the ecomodder team for zx2s so you can see some more competitive zx2 owners mpg
She's a black hot coupe (with air and p.mirrors)
Thanks for the comments guys. I'm going to make a grill block this weekend. Should I take it out when the weather gets warmer or just wait and see what happens. The final drive ratio drives me nuts but I hate to rip into a perfectly good running car. I'm still trying to sort out as to whether the taller available 5th gear (.717) would benefit me. It seems all ZX2's have a final drive ratio of 4.1. Pre 99.5 the 5th gear is .79. This would benefit greatly from a .717 5th gear. The 99.5+ has a 5th gear ratio of .730. In this case the improvement would be minimal at best. With gas at near $4.00/gal there should be a whole industry around taller 5th gears for fuel economy. With the Ford and many Mazdas the gear change is easy being it's outside the main gearbox and can be changed without removing the trans.