View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 12:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
worst thing that can happen to a crx is for it to be owned by a teenager who wants a race car, so lookat who is selling it and base your price off them as much as you would the car, just like when you buy a motorcycle.
a cat back exhaust will kill your mileage and is a common mod $300 will fix it with oem parts, $250 with after market parts that will rust twice as fast.
air intake is the other part that is often molested, that will kill your mileage as much as a cat back will and be just as costly to replace because you must go with oem, wheels are just a pain to find, but often of it needs a number of those things it's not worth getting because it was trashed all around.
for a non hf crx that is in good shape $1000 is a good deal, for an hf that is rusty I've seen them sell for $800 on up over $3,000 without being mint.
they then to rust at the rear wheel wells and bottom of doors, on pre 1988 the pan hard bar would rust and let the rear end loss.. this tnis bad! but if the jack points are good then i say you are good unless other stuff is falling off, an ugly crx with good jack points is worth $1,500 or more,
I also noticed that after 160,00 or so the engine starts to smoke due to the lack of a 3rd piston ring. nothing horble, just a pain.