View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 08:49 AM   #13 (permalink)
hungryhunter
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
40 MPG sounds quite over-estimated, anyway that might be with the 2.2L engine already available in the Ford Transit van for the Mexican market (I'm not sure if it's gonna be available in the States alongside the 5-cyl 3.2L, but if there would be FWD versions of the Transit back there you can expect them to come with the 2.2L). Depending on where you live and how the local DMV enforces emissions-compliance, you would probably not have too much options of Diesel engines to swap into the Explorer, such as the Volkswagen TDI and some Mercedes-Benz engines. There are some folks dropping even the Cummins 4BT into these rigs, but since they're not exactly certified for the same GVW class of the Explorer and usually are not compliant to OBD-2, they're technically illegal for any vehicle newer than '95. Anyway, if you would be interested in a Diesel conversion, feel free to call me
Thanks, I'll look into it but I really don't have time for that kind of project right now. I will look into for the future though.