View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 07:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
RedDevil
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
Reminds me of what one of my friends experienced on his way to visit me in Voorburg, where I lived at that time.
Coming form the highway 2 lanes bend off to the right into town right after a set of traffic lights.
The last of 2 cars in the right lane thought the car in front was not giving it enough, so veered into the left lane just when my friend was passing him.
So he blew the horn.
The other driver showed a certain finger and floored the pedal, which my friend interpreted as a sign of 'Come run with me'. And he did, following the other car languishly. It is quite hard to outrun an Impreza WRX STI with additional power mods.
Quickly the speed went way beyond double the limit. They passed a zebra rossing with green lights and camera's, for which my friend did brake back to legal speed but the car in front went through them still accelerating. Sure enough, the double flash of the speed cam made him aware of the situation too.
At the next set of lights both cars were side to side so the drivers could exchange views. A sight my friend will not ever forget

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.