View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 11:46 PM   #27 (permalink)
101Volts
Master EcoModder

Woody - '90 Mercury Grand Marquis Wagon LS
Last 3: 19.57 mpg (US)

Brick - '99 Chevrolet K2500 Suburban LS
Last 3: 12.94 mpg (US)

M. C. - '01 Chevrolet Impala Base
90 day: 17.09 mpg (US)

R. J. - '05 Ford Explorer 4wd
90 day: 16.66 mpg (US)
Here's another reply, I hadn't read Page 2 at the time of the last one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobombat View Post
I'm considering the pizza pans. How do you attach them though? and as for the PSI, I noticed an approximately 5% increase in efficiency at 50 PSI rather than 40 PSI. I may be wearing the tires down unevenly though that way. I have suspension problems so I think they're doing that anyway.
Here's a link.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...-6-a-4368.html

That's not quite how the pans are attached to Moony (The van I drive,) Though; We didn't modify the hubcaps beyond marking them with numbers in a sharpie marker, 1-4, To ID where each pan goes. Instead, We took some plastic with holes in it (Six pieces per hubcap; Three pieces on each side, One for each screw) and attached screws through those. However, When/if the bolts that hold the plastic pieces loosen the screws and plastic lose their places on the hubcap so it may take more time to re-attach them if one becomes loosened. It might be better to just drill through the hubcap if that's not a problem or maybe I'm missing something here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobombat View Post
I do not have a scanguage yet, but I plan to get one in the very near future. I noticed that the scanguageE is significantly cheaper than the scanguageII. Any opinions on why the scanguageII is better? Any other gauges I should consider? I got a little obdII reader a while back really cheap that would communicate with an app on a smartphone and read out all the info. If it worked, I think it'd be better than the scanguage because you can customize the environment and save graphs to analyze later, but the thing was a piece of junk and didn't work with my setup. Worked with my brother's setup though.
I'm not familiar with other gauges. I know that with a ScanGauge II, You can monitor how much fuel is in the gas tank and monitor the battery voltage, The engine coolant temperature, Your overall MPG average and more. Here's a link to the Scangauge II manuals.

ScanGaugeII User Manual : Linear Logic

Edit, 2013-September-18: The section between the asterisks isn't quite right now. The pans were attached to the hubcaps but two fell off, One while I was driving downhill. Did the brake heat effect them?

Also, I need to think before I post.

End of edited in section.

Austin

Last edited by 101Volts; 09-18-2013 at 09:40 PM..