View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #84 (permalink)
SeniorSell
Dave Upton

Mission accompolished!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay635703 View Post
Yes the length is very important, my 48v motor requires about 12 FEET, a 72v motor would require more in general.
Hey guys,

It has been months since my last post and the miles car has been sitting all this time with failed batteries and so on. Finally got in touch with a man in Ohio from a miles car he had listed. Anyway, he sells the filed weakening kit with the contactor and so on. Made a few mods to the kit on the install and with new Everstart deep cycle batteries from Walmart, 2 year warranty, smaller case though with only a 115 map hour rating, she will do 36mph flat and level and with a very slight down hill as high as 46mph. This is all the faster we need around town. No need to do a transmission swap though I found one for $100. Other than bumping the voltage up to 84V for a little more umph, I think we are good to go! Currently I am up to 20 miles per charge with the Algorithm set at (5) on the Delta Q which is the same setting for the Trojan. I don't think the batteries are reaching their max state of charge though so I will contact Delta Q and confirm the setting is correct. No battery overheating whatsoever. Progress is good though! It's almost like driving a real car now!