View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 02:14 AM   #86 (permalink)
SeniorSell
Dave Upton

Thumbs up I can help with this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay635703 View Post
Where did you find this? I would like to buy it since I am stuck on 48v.

Your existing charger cant charge 84v if its a 72v charger, you will need to wire the big charger to 72v worth of batteries and have a 12v quick charger for the last one.

Sadly "my" miles got smashed in the door but some dip that doesn't stop at stop signs, still drivable but I really need a door
HI rmay, I have the Battery issue covered with another charger for the additional 12V battery when I install it! Stock controller dumps at 91V. Spoke to several other miles drivers who did this with no issues. Sorry to hear about your door. : ( That really sucks, but, I think I can help you with that, and the transmission as well. The transmission I found was in Albany OR. Here is the URL Autowrecking.com - B & R Auto - Late Model Car and Truck Parts : Albany, Oregon This was about two months ago I checked. They did not have the shifting linkage though I am told that an older Ford Fiesta will work in a pinch.

But, the gentleman I came in contact with regarding the Field Weakening kit is from Ashland Ohio. He owns Wix.com NCZ created by zennfriend based on Car Com His name is Vic Stayley. Vic imported and sold a huge amount of NEV/LSV's in the upper United States. Man does this guy know NEV's and a whole lot more. He and two other individuals did several R&D projects on the NEV's one of which was going to be the miles ZX40S 50/50. 50 miles per hour top speed and 50 miles per charge. They ran the car on 96 volts and updated the motor to a D&D. But, they also experimented using the stock 72V Chinese motor that comes factory and had really strong results with it as well.

His back story is really interesting. Super guy to talk to. Anyway, he has parts cars, like Miles parts cars. He also told me he has the Charade transmissions as well but I do not know what he was asking for them as I had found the one in Albany OR. (Don't need it now though).

Vic's number is 419-606-3140. I have a feeling he will have just what you are seeking and more! I am really pleased with the field weakening on my 2007. Totally new car. Most the time I have the Solenoid energized. I know it draws more current but I have yet to get the motor, controller, or wiring, in the least bit warm much less hot. I drive the skate pretty much foot to the floor around town and it is up and down hill here as well. So far the new Everstart Marine batteries I purchased from Walmart are doing well. I am now up to 17 miles before a charge. I figured going into this that the best I will ever do with these batteries is going to be 25 miles per charge. But, if you are all local like us, $100 per battery with a two year unconditional warranty is a really great deal. I think they are rated at 115 amp hour. And the car does a solid 35mph with them so that works too.

Anyway, hope Vic can hook you up with the parts you need!

Best Regards, Dave Upton, North Bend OR