View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 12:21 PM   #28 (permalink)
i_am_socket
Ex-lurker

Skeeter - '05 Toyota Corolla LE
90 day: 35.55 mpg (US)
I haven't read through every post, since quite a few are pretty long and I'm wasting company time as-is so forgive me if this has been brought up:

I was watching a show on History or some other educational channel about hemp and how it could be used quite easily to replace many items such as cotton for clothing and corn for ethanol. The reason it (industrial hemp) is banned, so said the program, is because of the "war on drugs." Essentially there's a chance that some industrial hemp farm could grow non-industrial hemp and the federal agents wouldn't be able to tell the difference easily.

I'm all for industrial hemp usage especially in paper and textiles. I'll also agree that algae is a much better option for fossil fuel replacement.

Should pot be legalized? I'm a bit on the fence about that. I know a good number of people who don't abuse it and are really good people. My downstairs neighbor, on the other hand, is an abuser and isn't worth his weight in compost but I also don't think THC is the only thing in his system.