View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 09:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Swordsman
EcoModding Apprentice

Knightrun - '08 Ford Mustang GT
90 day: 31.83 mpg (US)
kach, well you certainly won't hear me complain about ditching the kammback idea, simply because it'll be a PITA to make. Any chance you could point me at the thread(s) dealing with this alternate overlay? Being a noob, this is the first I've heard of it. Also, I'd like to know why you're against the belly pans and grille blocks. I'll admit, blocking off a coolant doesn't sit that well with me, especially considering how hot GA gets. I suspect my Mustang won't like it very much, as I've read the 4.6L is a hot little engine in the first place.

I aired up the tires when I got home today. I usually run the recommended 32 psi, but they were down to 30. I bumped them up to 40. I could go to 44 psi, but I know from a prior experience that even at 40 they they tend to lose traction on takeoff, so I don't want to push it any further.

I have a front air splitter/dam already that drops the clearance about an inch. I think I'm gonna make a trip to Home Depot and pick up some of that garage door seal to go around as well. I scrape bad enough with the plastic dam, so I know I need something flexible. The sides have a great mounting spot underneath.

If I can remember, I want to rig up a string test on the back window to see what's going on back there.

~SM