View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 11:54 PM   #24 (permalink)
Talon
Builder

One front suspension side done

OK, Update time. I don't know if anyone is actually reading this, but I'm gonna continue to post updates anyway. Maybe when I get to the engine more people will be interested. I am doing a bunch of research on what I'm going to do on that end, and have narrowed it down to basically what I intend to do. It will be interesting. (think COP, ITB [possibly servo controlled], Megasquirt, bluetooth and Android touchscreen tablet interface.)

I need to get the chassis and running gear sorted out before any of that stuff means anything. If it don't roll easily and handle well, and if it isn't comfortable to drive - it won't get driven. If it doesn't get driven, it won't save any gas.

Take a look at the pictures of the first side of the front suspension. I just need to duplicate it on the other side now, which should be much easier as I now have the math sorted and the jigs made. (but running 7 - 2 inch deep, fine thread runs into the end of tubes takes time.) It came out pretty good and straight, all the angles are close and there is a couple inches of usable thread on all the joints for adjustment. The coil-over is just laying there, I'm not sure what the spring rate is on it, but I'll probably end up getting something else.

TALON §
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FrontSuspensionDetail.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	12808   Click image for larger version

Name:	FrontSuspensionOverall.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	12809   Click image for larger version

Name:	FrontSuspensionOverall2.jpg