Thread: MPGuino
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 03:43 AM   #23 (permalink)
meelis11
EcoModding Apprentice

Green frog - '97 Audi A4 Avant 1.9TDI 81kW
Diesel
90 day: 43.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECONORAM View Post
So I got myself one of Meelis' MPGuinos, because I fried the VSS circuit in my first one. Not quite sure why, but I did find where the phone wires had melted through their plastic sheath after getting a short... Anyway, took the display off the old one and put it on the Meelis version. I didn't realize until I went to install it in the truck that the wire pins are different from DCB's. Fortunately, the pins in the white plug can be removed by pressing down on the lock tabs. So I repositioned every wire, making sure to not short them (due to previous experience). Got it installed and took the truck for a short drive. I do like the fact the BIG inst switches from MPG to gal/hr when at a stop...or when it loses the VSS signal. Naturally, the bulb for my VSS went out about 10 seconds after I left the house. Sorry, I didn't look at much else because I was wondering why there was only fuel flow. All that said, I like it and am glad to have a working MPGuino again.
I didn't use the alternate switch board (where you can position the buttons elsewhere), but I do appreciate Meelis including it with the kit.
Maybe you can replace your bulb with LED so it does not burn out anymore?