View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
nemo
Master EcoModder

Chief - '06 Pontiac Grand Prix
90 day: 26.7 mpg (US)

SF1 - '12 Ford Fiesta S
90 day: 30.95 mpg (US)
Thoughts on some of it . Spare and jack , even though the tires are good and car reliable the spare is there, as are jumper cables, a first aide kit and on out of town trips in goes the toolbox. Just old habits or being prepared?

Looks matter some what, although practicality seem like its getting the upper hand, as time passes. As for aero cars some nice others not so much. Color my preference is white most of the time, it hot here and every little bit helps. But I have owned black, midnight blue, green and various other colors, including red. Black was by far the hardest to keep clean. Never got a ticket in the red car, got tickets in green cars.

As for talking anyone in to drive a stick, no don't try. Growing up we only had manual transmissions and now all my siblings and parents drive automatics. My wife's car is a stick and mine auto, got it from my father that way. . Taught my son to drive a stick and he still does. Can change back an forth with no problem, although my preference is a stick.