Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Questions; Answers; Reflection; Opinions!!!

At the onset I apologize to anyone who thinks that I should have gone to separate threads for each subject here. Like many of you, the workweek days are pretty full now.

I can just say that I'm bubbling over with thoughts that want to come out!

Would you ever consider running an early Insight as a gas powered car only
sans the batteries to cut weight?

Several months back, several of you urbanites stated that you prefer to run
less spare tires and jacks, banking on odds, and Auto Club help. Is that
still working for you??? Any weird late for work stories with that?

You can tell a lot about a person in how you observe them driving over speed bumps. Frankly, my observations so far are 100% negative!
People seem to have too much $, too little patience, and a paper plate
mentality about how long they will own their cars anyway! Have you seen
caring people aside from car club events in like city parks?

How much do looks of your vehicle matter to you, as opposed to an aero only look? Opinions vary wildly! For example, when the first Insight you saw
made you say UGLY, but now you have completely changed your mind?
Some of you spend thousands; can you stand to look at what you drive, or does the mpg function rule ALL the thought patterns???

Knowing how easily a red car wants to fade in the sun, are you still into that color? Its been stated that color is cop bait, and in more accidents.
Have you outgrown that color, or still love it?

How well have you been able to SELL others about owning a stick car? Do they just think you are a mpg. freak? as in weird???

Have you ever, or now own a black vehicle? The pains of keeping one clean can be staggering!! An urban short commute driver has the odds of keeping it clean much easier. In a rainy climate like I live in, add a long commute,(rain
dirt buildup), fir needles from a rural start, makes a mess!

How do you feel about the white, and yellow cars as safety colors, if you don't live in snow country.

Is safe Silver for resale always in your thoughts?

I like the light fawn brown for a low maintenance color. I haven't achieved
that yet, but my Dad's Camry stays SO clean So long!

I'll stop for now! Looking forward to your opinions, and intros into your
thought worlds!!!!

06 Chev MonteC JG#24tribute car 30mpg 00 Honda Insight 63MPG 98 Buick Park Ave3.8 33MPG 89 Toyota Corolla wag 53MPG so far 81 VW Rabbit diesel pu 50MPG+ 80 Mercedes 240D stick 30-ish 90 vette 6-speed,29ish 07 Honda ST1300 55MPG 83 Honda 650 GL 64MPG 19 Suzuki dr200 88MPG23 HondaGrom?+Tow K10D Sub 26mpg NEVER,NEVER GIVE UP!
PUMP THOSE TIRES UP!
DRIVE IN YOUR SOCKS FOR SENSITIVITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SLOW DOWN AND SMOOTH UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![SIGPIC]
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Chief - '06 Pontiac Grand Prix
90 day: 26.7 mpg (US)

SF1 - '12 Ford Fiesta S
90 day: 30.95 mpg (US)
Thoughts on some of it . Spare and jack , even though the tires are good and car reliable the spare is there, as are jumper cables, a first aide kit and on out of town trips in goes the toolbox. Just old habits or being prepared?

Looks matter some what, although practicality seem like its getting the upper hand, as time passes. As for aero cars some nice others not so much. Color my preference is white most of the time, it hot here and every little bit helps. But I have owned black, midnight blue, green and various other colors, including red. Black was by far the hardest to keep clean. Never got a ticket in the red car, got tickets in green cars.

As for talking anyone in to drive a stick, no don't try. Growing up we only had manual transmissions and now all my siblings and parents drive automatics. My wife's car is a stick and mine auto, got it from my father that way. . Taught my son to drive a stick and he still does. Can change back an forth with no problem, although my preference is a stick.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybuck View Post
Would you ever consider running an early Insight as a gas powered car only
sans the batteries to cut weight?
No. (And I own one.) First, it's an absolute dog without the assist. Second, the battery pack isn't all that heavy

Quote:
You can tell a lot about a person in how you observe them driving over speed bumps. Frankly, my observations so far are 100% negative!
Depends on what you mean by negative. I refuse to be coerced by the dinosaur brains, and so drive over speed bumps at the same reasonable speed that I would be driving if there were no speed bumps.

Quote:
How much do looks of your vehicle matter to you, as opposed to an aero only look? Opinions vary wildly! For example, when the first Insight you saw
made you say UGLY, but now you have completely changed your mind?
No, 'cause when I saw my first Insight, I thought it was beautiful. I do care to some extent: I wouldn't choose to drive one of the current crop of oversized, styled to suggest a penis pickups, or one of the lard-butted sedans.

Quote:
Knowing how easily a red car wants to fade in the sun, are you still into that color?
Never was into it. I like white, plus it's cooler in my hot summers, or a nice light blue.

Quote:
How well have you been able to SELL others about owning a stick car?
Have never tried, beyond the occasional snide comment about handicap equipment.

Quote:
Have you ever, or now own a black vehicle? The pains of keeping one clean can be staggering!!
I have, but why bother? Unless it'd been through deep mud or something, the next rain would wash off any dirt.

Reply  Post New Thread