View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Furyous
EcoModding Lurker

Also, had some ideas for the next project since I'm approaching the end of this one. I sold my 1968 Plymouth Fury convertible that I spent 12 years restoring, so I have the garage space now. I have always been ticked off at the auto manufacturers for making aesthetically undesirable hybrid/electric vehicles unless you sped six figures on a Tesla or Fiskar. Everything else just doesn't suit my fancy.

I'd like to find a rolling rat rod or hot rod kit car- something lightweight, cool, and inexpensive as a basis for an electric hot rod. Something with decent range, exhilarating speed, and head-turning looks. Also has to seat my family of five and be a convertible. I've even considered building everything from scratch- frame, suspension, body, and all.

Then there's the idea of an electric motorcycle- again, need to find something as a basis that has to be cool. I've always loved the look of the old Indians. Maybe build a cruiser like that.

Building the cart has given me a ton of confidence with regards to fabrication. Even though I did a ton of work in the Fury, I think I learned more in this past year than I ever have- fiberglass, plastic, welding, and overall learning the principles of DC drive systems.

Looking forward to this! Thanks again for the welcomes!