View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 02:40 PM   #736 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

...Hide the Decline. Yeah I know, another "denier" meme - but work with me here.

The phrase "Hide the Decline" has often been linked to the pause in warming temps - not so. It actually relates to this reconstruction of temps from trees by Keith Briffa of CRU - where those leaked / hacked emails came from. This is what it looked like.

Note the bit at the end where the temps fell away.

How come ? Temps are rising, how come the trees are not reflecting it ? Could it be due to some other factor ?

And the key question is - can we be sure the reconstruction is sound or not in some way affected by this and we can't detect it ?

This is how the data appeared when put together with other data by the IPCC (Briffa was lead author - hang on, lead author reviewing who's work ?)

Why does the red line stop before 2000 when the data in the other graph goes on to 2000 ?

You may decide this is a question similar to "how many fairies can dance on the head of a pin" but if you are going to attempt to effectively reconstruct the world economy to try and prevent this the evidence has to be better.

But...