View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 11:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacherville View Post
id say fuel injector cleaner int he gas ever few tanks would be a good.. keep the injectors cleaned and spraying at the best possable..

Im also a Seafoam fan.. its amazing what that stuff will clean out of a motor..
I definitely agree. Seafoam is one the best solvents I've come across. You can put it in the fuel tank for the injectors, the crankcase before an oil change, or draw it into a vaccum line to really clear out the gunk/carbon. (Afterwards, it's a good idea to install a PCV "Catch Device" to prevent the oily residue from forming again in the intake manifold, etc.)

SF goes into every internal combustion engine in my garage (including the mower). Some recommend AutoRX, but Seafoam can be bought at most auto parts stores.

I must caution, as the carbon burns-off during the vaccum draw, it produces copious amounts of white smoke. On vehicles that are really loaded-up, it may take a bit of driving (a few miles) before the smoke disappears.

RH77

_
_

Last edited by RH77; 06-20-2008 at 11:42 AM.. Reason: I can never spell vaccum right