View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 02:04 PM   #29 (permalink)
Talon
Builder

Front suspension in Yellow

I got the second side of the front suspension fabricated, and even painted. I also have the front brake backing plates cleaned up and getting painted. Very soon I'll be able to put the front wheels on so I can see exactly how wide it is going to be. It looks like between 5'8" and 5'10" to the wheel centerline. Next step is I need to figure out the ackerman angle, which is going to be a guess at best, because I don't have the engine in yet, so I am guessing at the centerline of the rear axle. Maybe I'll figure out how to make the steering arms on the knuckles have a bit of adjustment. Then comes the steering rack and tie rods. Ow, I still need to sort out the front shock mounts too. Piece at a time I guess and eventually I'll have it.

I have been fiddling about with the seat belts as well, not sure what I'm going to do there, but I probably oughta have some. I have the shoulder straps from the donor, but I can't decide which way to mount the shoulder strap, like a passenger, or like a driver. Maybe I'll put them both on and switch off when one shoulder gets chaffed.

Here are a few shots of the front suspension from different angle, make sure you look at the car and not all the junk in my garage. . .
TALON
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FrontSuspensionYellow1.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	12917   Click image for larger version

Name:	FrontSuspensionYellow2.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	12918   Click image for larger version

Name:	FrontSuspensionYellowFront.jpg