Thread: MPGuino
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 09:12 PM   #25 (permalink)
ECONORAM
halos.com

ECONORAM - '07 Dodge RAM 1500 QC SLT flex-fuel
90 day: 18.16 mpg (US)

the Avenger - '08 Dodge Avenger SXT
90 day: 27.06 mpg (US)
Send a message via Yahoo to ECONORAM
Brief update on using Meelis' MPGuino. I had to adjust the RPMs on the car sensors page, as it was reading 1/2 what my tach showed. Set the pulses/2 revs to 1, hit ok and it works as it should. The car sensors page is a nice feature. I recently installed an underdrive pulley and since this page shows system voltage, I can keep and eye on the battery to be sure it is still charging properly.
The custom page has an inst mpg also, and I noticed it also reverts to gal/hr when it doesn't see a VSS signal.
Ah. This reminds me. You only need to hit the two outer buttons once to get to the adjustments pages. After that, you need to select ok and hit the middle button to go to the next adjustment page. Took me a few tries to figure that out. (The older model let me use both outer buttons to change adjust screens.) The buttons are closer together, which comes in handy when you are doing fuel mileage test runs, or resetting after refilling the tank...as you can use one finger to push both at once.
Not sure I like the cost thing on the custom page...it reminds me how much money is doing down the drain. (