View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
mikeyjd
Master EcoModder

Matchbox - '93 Ford Festiva L
Team Ford
Last 3: 70.16 mpg (US)

Salamander - '99 Chrysler Concorde LXI
Team Dodge
90 day: 30.3 mpg (US)

Urquhart - '97 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 V6 3.4L DLX
Pickups
90 day: 25.81 mpg (US)

Smudge - '98 Toyota Tacoma
90 day: 40.65 mpg (US)

Calebro - '15 Renault Trafic 1.25 dci
90 day: 39.39 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortie771 View Post
Off to a good start. Be sure to watch your temps closely for a while to be sure you dont overheat. I'm sure you get plenty of air from underneath the engine bay, but you never know.

So, what is next on the list? I am looking forward to seeing your progress, maybe if you get some good numbers I can convince my brother to mod his 2500HD diesel.
The next thing on the list of mods is passenger wiper delete ( it would already be done except I can't figure out how to get the darn thing off lol) and a full synthetic oil change. I'm picking up a kill switch for it today as well. After that I plan on tackling the radiator fan. After that I'll probably fashion some rear wheel skirts and a front air dam. I'm also looking to do a ram CAI to keep a balance with getting enough air to the engine and really like diesel_Dave's results there. I have an aluminum ladder rack that is gonna be my Framing for the aero cap and I'll probably do that in conjunction with the underbelly pan. I really want to do allot of engine mods but that is still just a little out of reach for me till I gain some experience. I don't want to risk ruining a perfectly well running truck. Also looking into getting a better thermostat (205degree+Evans coolant+new hoses)

Last edited by mikeyjd; 04-26-2013 at 04:24 PM..