View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 07:29 PM   #278 (permalink)
RatherDashing
EcoModding Apprentice

Im almost at the end of the tank and its at about 300miles. so im guessing at E when I run out ill be lucky to hit 350.

Well I drove around today to a Honda dealership, Precision Transmission, and South Bend Clutch.

Honda dealership said that the only transmissions that are capable of fitting/bolting up with my vehicle is 92-95 CX/VX and they were unable to locate any of course.

I then went over to Precision Transmission. They suspected that it was possibly a slipping clutch. I've never driven a car with a slipping clutch so I wouldn't really know. They suspected it slipping because on the highway cruising my engine has to be at 3k rpm instead of 2 like it should be. They recommended me over to South Bend Clutch which is very reputable clutch shop around my area.

Unfortunately they were unable to test drive it according to their rules which didn't bug me much. But I told him all about it and what was going on. He said that check and see if its slipping to downshift and give it gas really hard. If it felt like I wasn't getting any power and not moving anywhere that the clutch was slipping.I forgot to ask all the details about it about what rpms/gears should be when testing this out.

Im about to go check the stamp on the transmission. make sure its a p20-a0000 right?

Not sure exactly where its located but ill find it. Can't believe I didn't look for it before but hey its a learning process.

Does all this make sence or am I pretty much being told one thing and another and given nothing but guesses?