Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2013, 03:08 PM   #271 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

well right now im working on the timing belt still and getting the crankshaft pulley off

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...5L._SS400_.jpg

that's the special tool I got for it

still goin at it last night I dislocated my knee and punctured my hand trying to get it off

cant find any diy with this tool online yet either

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-30-2013, 05:12 PM   #273 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

links didn't work how I wanted them to but that's my current setup
Old 04-30-2013, 05:26 PM   #274 (permalink)
EcoMod Proof of Concept

WD-40's Insight - '00 Honda Insight
Gen-1 Insights
Team Honda
90 day: 56.04 mpg (US)

WD-40's Mirage - '15 Mitsubushi Mirage ES
Mitsubishi
90 day: 46.05 mpg (US)

WD-40's Sonata Hybrid - '17 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited
I haven't done it, but I read that heating the bolt up with a torch will help release it.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #275 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by WD40 View Post
I haven't done it, but I read that heating the bolt up with couldn't will help release it.
I did that as well. I stood on the breaker bar and pushed on the ceiling.still couldnt get it off.ima have to take it to a shop its on there pretty good

Hoping i can take it there they can get it off and put it back on not as tight. And I can finish the job.

Gas gauge is still goin down slowly.115 miles and havnt passed a qt tank yet.

Back brake drums definetely need replaced as well.

Other than that im getn another job tmmrow and pulling the retirement money outa my previous job and going to look for a standard d series trans to replace in there since all iv been doing is city driving.this trans is definitely about to go out its getting louder and more difficult to shift into first and reverse.

Its only leaking oil ever so slightly at the oil pan gasket and behind the oil warmer. No big deal.

Only thing that worries me is if the shop breaks the crankshaft bolt getting it off.

Also needs new tie rod ends which iv replaced before.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:57 PM   #276 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Rusty crusty trusty - '94 Honda Civic Cx
90 day: 36.13 mpg (US)

Vx - '92 Honda Civic Vx
90 day: 49.97 mpg (US)
Use leverage as your friend a long pipe on the breaker bars. I have like 3 or so that are from 1-4 foot long just for such things. It won't break coming off. A diesel Volvo crank bolt is over 1000 ft lbs. Good luck.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:59 PM   #277 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Vx - '92 Honda Civic Vx
I can get a cx trans with a ton of miles for 100$ if he's still got it.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:29 PM   #278 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Im almost at the end of the tank and its at about 300miles. so im guessing at E when I run out ill be lucky to hit 350.

Well I drove around today to a Honda dealership, Precision Transmission, and South Bend Clutch.

Honda dealership said that the only transmissions that are capable of fitting/bolting up with my vehicle is 92-95 CX/VX and they were unable to locate any of course.

I then went over to Precision Transmission. They suspected that it was possibly a slipping clutch. I've never driven a car with a slipping clutch so I wouldn't really know. They suspected it slipping because on the highway cruising my engine has to be at 3k rpm instead of 2 like it should be. They recommended me over to South Bend Clutch which is very reputable clutch shop around my area.

Unfortunately they were unable to test drive it according to their rules which didn't bug me much. But I told him all about it and what was going on. He said that check and see if its slipping to downshift and give it gas really hard. If it felt like I wasn't getting any power and not moving anywhere that the clutch was slipping.I forgot to ask all the details about it about what rpms/gears should be when testing this out.

Im about to go check the stamp on the transmission. make sure its a p20-a0000 right?

Not sure exactly where its located but ill find it. Can't believe I didn't look for it before but hey its a learning process.

Does all this make sence or am I pretty much being told one thing and another and given nothing but guesses?
Old 05-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #279 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

found the stamp. had to clean it off pretty good. its a P20 B000 transmission
Old 05-03-2013, 09:21 PM   #280 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Vx - '92 Honda Civic Vx
Any I mean any d Series trans will bolt up. Any cx vx si lx dx so on. Any from 92-00. You should only have a cx vx trans in there but that's another story. The stamp will only tell you if you have a big or small bearing trans. Not what the final drive is. That is the difference in the cx vx trans over the dx lx trans all the other intenerals are the same. I think click and clack say put it in 5th against a tree let out the clutch if it doesn't stall it's slipping. At speed on freeway 65 I'm at 2000-2100 rpm 5th gear. Find the steepest hill see if you can climb it in like 4th if not possibly it is bad. You'll never get 50 mpg without the cx vx trans. 40 possibly.

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
civic vx, honda