View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 03:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
some_other_dave
Master EcoModder

A few things.

First, HeFf does have power-assisted brakes. Turn the engine off and pump the pedal a few times. You'll find that it gets very hard after a few pumps. That's because the vacuum has bled out of the booster.

Second, I suggest a grille-block for help in warming up the engine.

Don't completely trust the fuel gauge--the ones in my CRXes were pretty nonlinear, and would move much more slowly at the top and much more quickly near the bottom. It might be good to keep a gallon of gas in a can just in case the gauge is very far off...

The crxcommunity.com is a great BBS focused on the CRX. Lots of knowledge there, and it's less of a morass of locker-room talk and intolerance than many automotive BBSes.

Find and download the service manual for the car. There are PDFs available on-line in a few places. The Helm's manual is the same as the factory manual (as far as I can tell) and is one of the better workshop manuals that I have seen.

Careful with the 'Rex, they are not the most robust platforms in a collision! They sure are fun, and can be exceedingly efficient as you are finding.

-soD
The Following User Says Thank You to some_other_dave For This Useful Post:
BlueCruxHF (05-10-2013)