View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 06:40 PM   #175 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,218 Times in 1,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
I went and saw their prototype yesterday and it looks really good!

My dad and I both sat in it at the same time and both the front and back seat are comfortable, the back seat is on par with the back seat of my Civic VX as far as head and leg room go and I've ridden for a few hours at a time in the back seat of my car, there was plenty of elbow room both in the front and back, it had a very normal, car like feel to it.

The engine that is in their prototype that is being shown off is a brand new Geo Metro engine but they said that the production engine will be very close to that engine, that they are buying unfinished engines and finishing them to their specs, I really hope that it ends up being compatible with a Geo Metro engine because swapping in an XFI cam and transmission would be amazing and might even bump it up to that 100mpg mark.

They seemed to think that it will do really well in crash tests, even tho it doesn't have to be tested (motorcycle) and that in 10-15mph crashes that the replacement parts should end up costing about $150
They are passing up XFI, the best technology besides lean burn that 1989 had to offer?

It is good that the back seat is usable. How easy to ingress and egress?