View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 03:54 AM   #21 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
Holes or spindles to clear the axle end. By 'catch the light' I meant glister in a becoming way. Bling.

Convex for rigidity. The frontal area is minimal and exists in a region that has problematic airflow anyway. I'm for major Minority-Report style bubbles.
Quote:
Somehow I do not like the look that is "all the rage" on here. I wonder if having straight edges would be good or bad.
"The look" being completely flat, or having that pizza pan lip?

I'm not clear on whether you have pans or separators. And how the edge is finished.

I don't know about creaking hubcaps. For years I've run mag wheels or stock VW logoed/logoless (like baby moons) VW hubcaps; not full disks. If disks are pinned along the edge (3 screws is sufficient) how can they creak?

You could center the disks (that you don't want to return) in the rim and they could be fastened similar to this way. Use stand-offs to leave 1/4-1/2" gap all around so air can circulate to the brakes. A new look.

You can actually do a lot with tire sidewall contour. Other than selection about the only control you have is rim width. And that has to balance with turn-in and possibly other effects.