View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 11:47 PM   #331 (permalink)
RatherDashing
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
Sorry to hear of more difficulties...

I have experienced the same difficulty with mine. Apparently I seated one of the seals too far into the housing. I need to replace hub bearing unit and ball joints on that side anyway, so... one of these weeks, when I have read and watched enough, I'll dive in and fix it all. Until then I keep a close eye on the very slow tranny oil leak.

As for replacement transmission oil... I have seen all the debates too. Honda MTF has wear agents that are considered superior to synth oil. But honestly, I drive this car so gently and at such low rpms, often barely reaching running temps... I have Royal Purple 5w30 going in, which was the original spec for the fifth gen manuals I believe.
that's exactly what im dropping in mine tomorrow then too. 5w30 royal purple.
ehhh their regular maintenance difficulties tho. im really hoping that new purge cut solenoid works because a new one from Honda is 172$ and I cant find a replacement anywhere else.

the shop is very reputable tho. I redid the back break drums, springs and shoes and had no e brake. I took it to the shop to have them look at it. one of the springs was on backwards and the adjusting thing(cant thing of name) needed to be stretched out more so the shoes were tighter. hour of labor only cost me 20 bucks

passenger side ebrake line is broken I believe tho and always has been so that's a future fix.

I went around to different places as well to get a paint job quote and decided I shall fiberglass the rear wheel holes. do a decent bondo job and repaint the car forrest green. cuz aint no way im paying 2900 for a whole new paint job and body work,