View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #334 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatherDashing View Post
Yeah I had the shop replace the axle. I think the axle was bad that's why it was still leaking.I have downloaded the manual for the 92-95 civics and it has all the info for my VX model.I've been using it with almost everything I do. The axle shaft seal I got as well was through auto zone and it was a perfect match with my car.but the mechanic said it wasn't the same.its such a rare model civic its hit and miss with the right parts and specs you need.even the honda dealerships I talk to and get parts/advice from every now and then don't even believe a VX model exists its so rare
If you look in the 1992-1995 FSM you'll see that things that vary between the different trims the manual covers are itemized and described. The axles and oil seals are not among them I don't believe. Did he show you how the seal was "wrong"? I'd like to know. My reading and work on my own transmission suggests virtually everything is the same, unless you have the Si. Keep an eye out for any possible continuation of leaking, though I would bet he got it right this time, like you say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatherDashing View Post
My car runs like a champ.there a vacuum leak sum where that I'm still figuring out and I'm pretty certain its between the purge cut solenoid and the vacuum canister. Once I get that fixed I shed get maximum milage.
Enjoy your car! Gotta love what you drive anytime you have to drive it all the time.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.