View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 10:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
wagonman76
Master EcoModder

Red Car - '89 Chevrolet Celebrity CL 4 door
Team Chevy
90 day: 36.47 mpg (US)

Winter Wagon - '89 Pontiac 6000 LE Wagon
90 day: 28.26 mpg (US)
1989 Chevy Celebrity 4 door - my build thread

I decided to make this up after I got home from work today. I used another piece of scavenged aluminum siding and cut it with the grinder so it spanned 2 ribs. Then I carefully worked it into the right shape and cut about 7" off each end. I kinked it a little but not too bad. It has a rib at the top and bottom so it is not very flimsy. Then I put the car on jackstands and drilled into the underside of the valence for screws every 6", so if I take it off you wont see any screw holes. I used a bunch of GM dash screws Ive saved over time and they got a real good bite. After dry fitting it, I figured might as well keep with the trend so I used the same paint can as I used for the grille block. It was pretty dry so I put it on just before dark and took some pics. I think it looks kinda cool from the front. Ill see how it does tomorrow and from now on. It is easy to straighten if I hit it on something. Or if I really muck it up, Ive got enough in that piece of siding for 1 or 2 more and make it a bit shorter.

Heres a link to the first aeromod, the grille block.
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...lock-3263.html

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Airdam.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	1013   Click image for larger version

Name:	AirdamFrontSide.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	1014   Click image for larger version

Name:	AirdamFront.jpg
Views:	747
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	1015  

Winter daily driver, parked most days right now

Summer daily driver

Last edited by wagonman76; 08-06-2008 at 01:03 PM.. Reason: Changed title to keep future mods in one thread