Thread: Road rage tales
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 07:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
Rusty Marina
EcoModding Lurker

What is wrong with people ?

Got up early one morning because I found a Marina a guy was scrapping and he offered everything I could strip off it for cheap. I was so pumped I could not sleep, so I got up early to use old Big Ben. You cannot find parts for Marinas here in the USA, so I considered this a godsend.

Big Ben is a 1985 Ford F250HD with the old 6.9 diesel, a really good workhorse that can get surprising fuel economy.

Anyway as I entered the big city doing the speed limit in the slow lane (65 Mph) when this annoying little newer Kia was riding my butt.
There was 3 other lanes clear that he could pass. No exit ahead, so there was no excuse for him to stay there.

He got mad flied past me hootin and a hollerin every cuss word in the book and got in front of me and nailed his brakes.

I could not believe this , I did nothing to provoke this.

I ask who in the world would get in front of a heavy pickup with a push bar with inferior brakes and nail his lighter 4 wheel disc braked Kia in front of me ?

I could not stop in time and smashed the living crap out of him, he went into a ditch. All I heard was plastic crunching.

Luckily , a highway patrol sitting on the side witnessed this idiot which will help me since he ran to get an attorney for all his alleged back, neck and shoulder pains.

He was ticketed for several violations, so no worries.

Didn't let it ruin my day, my truck just gained another "battle scar" and I made out well later getting many usefull parts for my old Marina project.