Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2013, 11:25 AM   #11 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Had one myself fewmos back just became member on this site and needed to haul my compressor to work so Loaded up old artie with it. Coming home empty I reset trip and reset mpg and was rolling exactly 65mph with cruise set for a baseline run. Some jackin the box ran up behind me at about 100 and locked down his brakes and pulled it to the medianto keep outa my rear. I was first amazed at the construction of event as the road was very light traffic and he must have been able to pass me if he wanted.
I was secondly immediatly aware he was probbably going to slam me so dropped the R foot. My R/T dakota dont mess and quickly lurched away from impending doom @6500 rpm in second. Old jack regains control and decided to chase me down. I thought perhaps it would result in one of those friendly waves that say sorry dude I was texting or something at sublight speed. nope runs past me this time at near 100? sweeps into my lane and locks them down infront of me. With my best nascar menouvers jammed artie to floor and swept past him in passing lane leaving him pissed off and falling away fast. Now what this idiot is destined to kill us both and im single dad who keeps his pistola in his KIA. I streched it outand evidently the new tahoes are pretty fast also so I kept down on it past 140 watching as he fell waay back. so much for a base line run eh?
I never had any views of the license plates but called my sherrifs dept explaining what was going down and not to shoot me for it.
they told me to slow down of course and wait for help to arrive So going against all better judgment I do and he falls in behind me like mabe 3" I was wondering what next when we came into traffic and I cleared it not wanting anybody else involved.
You woulda thought by looking he was stuck to my trailer ball for the motions viewed afar. I seen my chance to break awa as there was an exit I knew would allow me to hit a curvey road that I could easily send him into the trees if he tried to keep up, Artie likes them type of roads thinks itself a ferrari or something. So give I give hard R and shoot off interstate at very last second effectivly ditching him. as his unstable truck couldnt take the Gforce Lol or he figured I was leading him to the police. end of story police followed him never even pulled him over I guess since the diddnt witness his actions. I told them whatever and thanks for nothing. so watch out for new white tahoe Fancy wheels with Louisianna plate and insane Blonde man behind the wheel.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-15-2013, 08:14 AM   #12 (permalink)
Tire Geek

This happened in the late 1970's.

I had an early 70's Trans Am. The thing could scoot.

There was an entrance ramp to an expressway (since fixed) where "the merge" distance is pretty short and the entrance ramp turns into an exit ramp for the next street. In other words, if I didn't merge onto the expressway, I could go down the ramp and up the ramp to the next street. Very poor design. This ramp intimidated a lot of people because it was so short.

One morning, I entered the ramp, and found someone stopped at the beginning of "the merge" waiting for traffic to clear - and traffic was heavy. After 2 attempts, she had moved forward to the point where she more or less blocked the exit ramp portion, but had opened a large gap in the entrance portion..

I waited for openings to see if she would take them - and she didn't. So on the third one, I went for it, with the idea if she did too, I would fall in behind her. She didn't.

All is good. Up to the speed limit and cruise to work.

About 3 miles down the road, I hear lots of honking and look around to see what the commotion was about. It was her and she was tailgating me. Of course, I am wondering what happened to the "milktoast" who couldn't find a way to merge. She must have totally lost her cool to be able to catch me after only 3 miles.

She pulls around me and I figure she is going to "check brake" me - which she did - and I pulled into the next lane and floored it. Exited 2 miles later.

Visit my website: www.BarrysTireTech.com
New Content every month!
Old 06-15-2013, 09:33 AM   #13 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Chief - '06 Pontiac Grand Prix
90 day: 26.7 mpg (US)

SF1 - '12 Ford Fiesta S
90 day: 30.95 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme1969 View Post
I thought perhaps it would result in one of those friendly waves that say sorry dude I was texting or something at sublight speed.
This actually happens? Do you have any evidence? I think you have this confused with something else.
The Following User Says Thank You to nemo For This Useful Post:
niky (06-15-2013)
Old 06-15-2013, 09:42 AM   #14 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Chief - '06 Pontiac Grand Prix
90 day: 26.7 mpg (US)

SF1 - '12 Ford Fiesta S
90 day: 30.95 mpg (US)
Capri Racer,

Must have been a elementary school teacher, you didn't raise your hand and wait in line. lol
The Following User Says Thank You to nemo For This Useful Post:
niky (06-15-2013)
Old 06-15-2013, 03:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
B.O. Zen

Pickup - '99 Toyota Tacoma 2wd, Regular Cab, Short Bed
90 day: 34.62 mpg (US)
I can't recall any incidents of road rage w/ other cars on the road... Seems like the only time I see people pissed off on the road, I'm a passenger in their car. It's weird watching people get all bent out of shape about how someone else is driving or from being "inconvenienced" somehow, as though it has some tangible impact on them. Driving's so much easier when people relax.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:59 AM   #16 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,575 Times in 7,061 Posts
I posted a story here: http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...tml#post352440

TL;DR: I went from getting off on hypermiling to having [lightly] wrecked my car before it is paid off—in about 5 seconds!

This happened when I was in high school. Hebo, OR had a triangular island downtown. Traffic from the Valley faced two stop signs, the left one went to the coast and the right one headed North. I think it's changed now.

My brother was driving, and there were 4-5 cars piled up waiting to go West. So he bent right, stopped, and turned left. As we passed the other stop sign, the 2nd car nerfed the first one! As we rolled out of sight the two drivers were out of their cars and walking toward each other.

Thanks for reminding me of that story.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

What is wrong with people ?

Got up early one morning because I found a Marina a guy was scrapping and he offered everything I could strip off it for cheap. I was so pumped I could not sleep, so I got up early to use old Big Ben. You cannot find parts for Marinas here in the USA, so I considered this a godsend.

Big Ben is a 1985 Ford F250HD with the old 6.9 diesel, a really good workhorse that can get surprising fuel economy.

Anyway as I entered the big city doing the speed limit in the slow lane (65 Mph) when this annoying little newer Kia was riding my butt.
There was 3 other lanes clear that he could pass. No exit ahead, so there was no excuse for him to stay there.

He got mad flied past me hootin and a hollerin every cuss word in the book and got in front of me and nailed his brakes.

I could not believe this , I did nothing to provoke this.

I ask who in the world would get in front of a heavy pickup with a push bar with inferior brakes and nail his lighter 4 wheel disc braked Kia in front of me ?

I could not stop in time and smashed the living crap out of him, he went into a ditch. All I heard was plastic crunching.

Luckily , a highway patrol sitting on the side witnessed this idiot which will help me since he ran to get an attorney for all his alleged back, neck and shoulder pains.

He was ticketed for several violations, so no worries.

Didn't let it ruin my day, my truck just gained another "battle scar" and I made out well later getting many usefull parts for my old Marina project.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:48 AM   #18 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

That would have made a lovely dashcam video.

"This is NOT how to brake-check."
Old 06-18-2013, 02:02 AM   #19 (permalink)
B.O. Zen

Pickup - '99 Toyota Tacoma 2wd, Regular Cab, Short Bed
90 day: 34.62 mpg (US)
Lol
Old 06-18-2013, 02:51 AM   #20 (permalink)
PSmodder lurker

"Oh man, my tie has a little smudge on it, the clients' are gonna notice it!"

Road rage brawl caught on camera: 2 well-dressed men fight in Van Nuys | abc7.com

Reply  Post New Thread