View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 03:03 AM   #20 (permalink)
AndrzejM
Master EcoModder

Berta - '97 BMW 318 tds Compact
90 day: 62.03 mpg (US)

Charlie - '07 Citroen C4 Grand Picasso Exclusive
90 day: 37.58 mpg (US)

Corsa - '05 Opel Corsa C
90 day: 53.22 mpg (US)

Mruczek - '03 Audi A2
90 day: 60.61 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbeaver View Post
Basicaly, the fuel injected is governed vía ELR actuator in the back side of the injection pump, where more voltage means more fuel and less voltage means less fuel. Very useful information.

To me is very clear that ELR controls fuel injected. You want to combine it with the rack position sensor signal. Question: Is it L7?

Second, I suppose this voltage controls VAC transducer (Y31) which is the effector for .... what? The turbo somehow?
Your pump is controlled by two factors:
1. gas pedal linkage - it's setting up rack position - thus main fuel dosage
2. ELR signal - it's changing by some percentage fuel dose to meet value counted by ECU, based on all the sensors

So you have to know rack position adt its offset by ELR signal, then you have the exact fuel dose. Combining that with rpm signal you have the exact moments when you have to measure rack position and offset. Lets call that a trigger signal. And finally combining that with VSS signal will give you FE.

And the other question about Y31 - I presume that's a valve for EGR

Quote:
Gerhard Plattner: "The best attitude is to consider fuel saving a kind of sport. Everybody who has enough money for a strong car, can drive fast and hit the pedal. But saving fuel requires concentration, self-control and cleverness. It's a challenge with the nice effect of saving you money that you can use for other more important things."