View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 09:57 AM   #423 (permalink)
NeilBlanchard
Master EcoModder

Mica Blue - '05 Scion xA RS 2.0
Team Toyota
90 day: 42.48 mpg (US)

Forest - '15 Nissan Leaf S
Team Nissan
90 day: 156.46 mpg (US)

Number 7 - '15 VW e-Golf SEL
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 155.81 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,950 Times in 1,844 Posts
Thanks - I need to do a budget as I go along, but so far the cost of materials has been reasonable. Including the PhlatPrinter 3 CNC machine and the other tools that I bought, and the foam and glue, etc. is about $4,500. The fiberglass materials are probably $2,000-2,500. The windshield and wipers and the bezel panel at the base of the windshield will be ~$850.

I can only guess what the Saab 900 front suspension and driveshafts and differential, and the Porsche 914 rear suspension will cost. The hinges and latches and side windows, and LED marker and tail lights are also unknowns. The LED headlights are a bit under $300 each. Obviously, the battery pack, BMS, charger, electric motor and controller are the big ticket items, and I'm waiting as long as I can to wait for them to drop in price.

My total WAG budget is $50-60K. We'll see if this is possible in a couple or three years...

I worked 9 days for pay over the last 2 weeks, and I've been back at work on CarBEN EV5 since - I've got blisters on both hands to prove it, and the right side is much better. The chine is much more consistent and smooth. I've pulled the nose off and I'm trying to work out how to smooth out the inside of the hood bay, so I can then glue the nose in place, once and for all.

http://neilblanchard.blogspot.com/

Last edited by NeilBlanchard; 06-22-2013 at 10:42 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to NeilBlanchard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (06-22-2013)