View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 06:05 PM   #149 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by christofoo View Post
Aerohead has referred to the Clark Y airfoil chart a couple times on this thread. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm supposed to learn from the airfoil chart. Maybe he'll chime in and clarify.
I will bet that his point in raising the airfoil is what you see in the last three trailer images I just shared from the post you linked. If you look at the last three trailer designs and imagine the airfoil overlaid upon them, the gap is more or less where it is in the split airfoil that produces the lowest drag. And these are the trailer set-ups that produce the lowest drag estimates. So, as aerohead said, you are on the right track with the baffles and kamm and such.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.