View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 01:56 AM   #17 (permalink)
camosoul
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
I can dig the 45 mph F150. I can dig the EV part. I can't imagine the buzz and inefficiency of 2 or 3 gensets on all the time. I'm not suggesting you kill yourself- that suggestion is usually reserved for me when I dare to suggest there is a human overpopulation situation. But you should think on this over a beer or 8.

P.S. I KNOW I've seen an S-10 or similar small truck converted to electric motor drive and there was a genset in the box. I even dimly think I recall the guy was a Canadian? IIRC his mpgs weren't all that astonishing. I even did a quick EM search but didn't find...
I've considered your point and it is very much valid. I want an exhaust system that it plugs into the same way as the truck.

I love slow-speed stationary engines, and the glorious mechanical sound of it can't be heard if the exhaust isn't quiet. It's the RPM, too...

The RPM isn't tied to holding a frequency, I'm rectifying it. I can drop the auto regulation for a servo stuck to a PICAXE monitoring throttle position and/or current draw. Joined with the exhaust it can plug into, I think I can reduce the horrible noise considerably.

I don't expect my MPGs to be even on par, but I might be surprised...