View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 12:39 PM   #30 (permalink)
TedV
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmover View Post
And the various state and federal agencies, insurance racketeers, etc will count this against the truck driver who should be blameless. No, it isn't fair, and yes, it happens.

Can I show up at your place of work and put erroneous, potentially career ending info in your employment file? Please post up that employer contact info publically.

Save your pennies on your own.

I hope this is just a bad joke. To destroy people's careers because you are annoyed is a terrible thing to do.
You never annoyed anyone yourself then? And what punishment would you think justified for others to put on you for that?
Trailing at over 2 seconds distance (50 meters, 180 feet) is neither unlawful nor irresponsible.
What slowmover is saying is here in the USA, the crash record goes on the truck drivers record even if he is 100% innocent. He could be doing 55mph in the slow lane when the Vette hits him from behind at 100mph. It still follows the truck driver and could cost him his paycheck. The stupidity of others can cost you your job. You could say that is annoying to the truck driver. It's not a joke, it is a reality that bad car drivers like the Vette in the picture have destroyed drivers careers. Bad drivers have done worse by killing innocent people from crashes they should have been able to avoid.

I do have a CDL. I drove in the past and I didn't care if you drafted me. I prefer you draft to you hanging in the lane at the edge of the trailer. It's hard to see exactly where you are at the distance. Looking in the mirror to focus on exactly where you are takes time away from me looking ahead down the road. At night, I prefer if you suck up close so I don't have to be blinded by your headlights. I can't control someones death wish if they loose control of their car from hitting debris in the road they couldn't see. I generally look ahead, try to be smooth, not wait to last minute to slam on the brakes, giving the folks behind me time to not slam me in the rear... if they are paying attention.

The 2 second rule is great, but doesn't always work out. If you are in the fast lane 2 seconds behind the vehicle in front of you, going the same speed, somebody will pass you in the slow lane dive in front of you, slam on the brakes to keep from rear ending the vehicle in front of you then flip you off because you were in the way and almost rear ended them when they slammed on the brakes. Isn't human nature grand?