View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #71 (permalink)
slownugly
Burn lean and prosper\\//

VLX - '93 Honda Civic VLX
Team Honda
90 day: 51.1 mpg (US)
I pulled the diff cover off, got the old funky oil out and reinstalled cover with new oil. I'm getting some of the little pieces together here and there. Starter, water pump, starter solenoid, and fresh battery cables are on their way. Pre 72 amc 6 bangers had the starter on the driver side and the solenoid was on the starter. Starting in 72 they changed transmission design and mounted the starter on the passenger side using a solenoid mounted on the fender well. I'm going to convert this car since I'm using a 72+ 258. I'm also going to switch the battery to the passenger side.

I found original style brass radiators at a company that I've used before. American parts depot. Problem is they are close to 400 with shipping. I got a radiator for an 80s jeep cj with a 258. Almost mounts up perfectly with minimal modification!!! I have to drill 2 holes that's it the other 2 line up. Hoses are on the same side. It was 210 from advance. It's plastic tank with aluminum core but these can be had in the brass design for a little more $. Here's some pics of mockup.