Thread: New from UK
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 07:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
cv01jw
EcoModding Lurker

New from UK

Hi All

I have spent most of this morning reading threads on the site - I must say there is a wealth of useful information on here.

I joined the forum a few years ago but haven't been active - however I have just bought a new car and have decided now it the time to really give this a go.

I don't intend to modify the car at all - it is used but has a manufacturer warranty with it and I don't want to jeopardise it by faffing with the car. I also like the way it looks and drives and don't really want to change it.

My new car is a 2009 Honda Accord 2.2 i-DTec. For me it is a massive upgrade as I have always had older cars, and I am really looking forward to beating the 53.3mpg (UK) Honda claim the car will do. For now, my target is 55mpg (UK).

I'll be using the built in readout to keep an eye on things, as well as good old fashioned pen and paper in the car to log fill ups.

One question I do have is what sort of difference will the fuel I use have on my mpg? For example, in my local town I have two choices - a branded station (Esso) and a supermarket (Tesco) - which of these is best from an mpg point of view? Also, some stations around here sell supposed Higher Grade diesel (and want a few more pence per litre for it) - is this actually any good?