View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #22 (permalink)
mikeyjd
Master EcoModder

Matchbox - '93 Ford Festiva L
Team Ford
Last 3: 70.16 mpg (US)

Salamander - '99 Chrysler Concorde LXI
Team Dodge
90 day: 30.3 mpg (US)

Urquhart - '97 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 V6 3.4L DLX
Pickups
90 day: 25.81 mpg (US)

Smudge - '98 Toyota Tacoma
90 day: 40.65 mpg (US)

Calebro - '15 Renault Trafic 1.25 dci
90 day: 39.39 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by euromodder View Post
It's pretty tough to stick with motivation A) as my fuel price has dropped by 31.5 % , fulfilling C) - that is if I even had to pay for it ...
I'm currently using the 500 euro credit I got from a fuel supplier when I bought the GasDwarf, a VW up! on CNG.

At the same my fuel consumption has dropped (albeit in liters to kilos) by 22.5 % .
Tailpipe emissions with CNG are one or two orders of magnitude lower than the diesel I was using before, fulfilling B) .

I'm waiting on somebody to start producing biogas in Belgium, so I can change over to biologically / locally produced natural gas - motivator D) - which I'm trying to help happening.

While you can get biogas in the Netherlands or Germany, Belgium doesn't even have legislation or regulation in place on how to practically make it happen

If things stay the way they are for CNG in Belgium - even relatively speaking compared to other fuels - my VW eco up! is expected to pay for itself over the next 10 years, compared to keeping Hägar the Volvo running.
And that's on the fuel bill alone ...
when are you gonna start posting fuel logs?