View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
bennelson
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
I have my DVDs for sale at the Mother Earth News Bookstore. They sell some. They do try to keep sales and education separate, but a little, "Hey check this out at the bookstore.." never hurts.

Me actually being there for people to hear present greatly helps with the sales. I mailed DVDs to the MREA last year (when I couldn't be there because I was in Vienna) and sold HALF last year what I did this year. I mark that up to the simple difference of me being there as a presenter or not.

If I did post all the video of the DVDs to YouTube, that still wouldn't prevent me from selling DVDs at events. Some people like owning a physical copy of a video. Others don't have good internet access. I have other materials on the DVD-ROMs, such as lots of photos of the projects, which wouldn't get posted to YouTube, just the main instructional videos would.

As for the number of views, I've been earning about $150 a month. I looked at the numbers for last year, and it came out to an average of 63,000 views per month.

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos
The Following User Says Thank You to bennelson For This Useful Post:
Ryland (07-09-2013)