View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #14 (permalink)
redneck
Master EcoModder

Geo XL1 - '94 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Boat tails and more mods
90 day: 72.22 mpg (US)

Big, Bad & Flat - '01 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 21.13 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,353 Times in 711 Posts
Quote:
justme1969

I like it and understand it well, but the thing I cant put together in my mind is headlights on alternator runs constant or nearly without a well to draw from.
So figure all Led bulbs would help but not stop constant generation cycle.
Other is about discharge rate, there are slow and fast discharge styles and his appear to be fast ones so I am not sure how this is saving anything if car is driven from dusk to dawn ever.
This is why it needs to be a hybrid.

From Maxwell Technologies.

Quote:
K2 Series - High Capacity Cells

Maxwell Technologies’ K2 series of ultracapacitor cells provide extended power availability, allowing critical information and functions to remain available during dips, sags, and outages in the main power source. In addition, it can relieve batteries of burst power functions, thereby reducing costs and maximizing space and energy efficiency. The ultracapacitor features a cylindrical design and an electrostatic storage capability that can cycle a million charges and discharges without performance degradation. They are available in quick and easy to implement threaded terminals or in compact, weldable terminals.

The K2 Series ultracapacitors are a third generation design that provides 2.7 volt operating voltage while improving Maxwell's high performance and high reliability on a high volume manufacturing platform. These cells are ideal for automotive subsystems, medical devices, UPS/backup power, wind turbine pitch control, solar power smoothing, heavy transportation, public transit vehicles and many other applications.

The K2 Series works in tandem with batteries for applications that require both a constant power discharge for continual function and a pulse power for peak loads. In these applications, the device relieves batteries of peak power functions resulting in an extension of battery life and a reduction of overall battery size and cost.

The K2 Series is also an ideal source of back-up power. It can provide extended power availability, allowing critical information and functions to remain available during dips, sags, and outages in a power supply or battery change. In applications where power is need in spikes, the K2 Series provides a “green” power solution to reduce peak power demands on the grid, batteries or generators. And, like all Maxwell ultracapacitors, the K2 Series is capable of accepting charges at the identical rate of discharge.
>