Thread: new Prius owner
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 06:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
MPGranger
EcoModding Apprentice

Whitey - '10 Ford Ranger XL
Pickups
90 day: 33.74 mpg (US)

Hershey - '13 Nissan Altima SL
90 day: 28.68 mpg (US)

Midas - '10 Toyota Prius two
The modes can be switched by the push of a button. She starts in "normal," but I have the eco button pushed and it will be in eco when I turn the ignition on. Power and EV are the other two modes. To turn on "normal" I just have to push my eco button to turn eco off. But from what I've read is that the A/C runs more efficiently and the gas pedal is more forgiving of a heavy foot. I really only care about the A/C. But I really do think the max power is trimmed in eco because there are a few hills that if I keep her in the happy area I will lose speed.

Ford likes having the best selling truck in america at the cost of a great light duty in the Global Ranger which is not sold in America. RIP American Ranger, you had a good run. Seriously check out Ford's new Ranger, two diesel options, full sized cab, improved aero, absolutely amazing. And that's why Ford won't sell it in America, because NO ONE WOULD BUY AN F-150 EVER AGAIN!

Does anyone think that there ever will be an el camino type Prius? I would buy that! I know that Toyota and Ford are teaming up on developing a RWD hybrid powertrain; and Honda and GM are collaberating on some Fuel Cell project.

So there are several warm up modes to the Prius and that's why EV might not turn on, kick me out for excessive speed at 10 or 25 MPH based off of which stage she is in. Also I apparently have a second to push EV to use when not warm.

Check out my facebook page, if you feel like watching my progress.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MPGran...007268?sk=wall