Thread: new Prius owner
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 08:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
MPGranger
EcoModding Apprentice

Whitey - '10 Ford Ranger XL
Pickups
90 day: 33.74 mpg (US)

Hershey - '13 Nissan Altima SL
90 day: 28.68 mpg (US)

Midas - '10 Toyota Prius two
Ford hasn't kept the Ranger in America. Since 2008, when they didn't accept a bailout, they have been globalizing their entire fleet. More parts in common, means ordering in bulk, means more savings per item. Ford USA recommends getting an F-150 or an Escape if you want a new Ranger.
EDIT: can you find me a 2012 Ranger?

I guess I could put the Prius in power and start cycling the A/C. Too bad Toyota didn't put an A/C button on the steering wheel. Since the 3Gs don't have timing belts, I don't even have to time my A/C use with my P&G. But the traction battery is cooled by the cabin air, so if I hypermile it too much, it would negatively affect the battery.

I'm going to have to check KBB, NADA and Edmunds to see what the Ranger is worth. It is a single cab with a manual transmission. RWD and a 2.3L I4 with 5 speed manual transmission. Interior is vinyl with rubber flooring. I've had absolutely no problems mechanically with it, but then it's a Ford Ranger and is in that cockroach category for vehicles, so no surprise there. Just under 36K miles on her, so I've put about 9K miles a year on her. If you check my profile I've dropped in K&N filter and a magna flow muffler installed.
EDIT: Just checked KBB, NADA and Edmunds; a fair private selling price for it is $12 grand.

Check out my facebook page, if you feel like watching my progress.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MPGran...007268?sk=wall

Last edited by MPGranger; 07-13-2013 at 08:36 AM..