View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 05:12 PM   #284 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Mrs. P has gone out of hibernation after 2 years of not sitting behind the wheel. The car is now pretty much hers, I have to negotiate and beg if I want to drive. Among the good sides of this:
  • She is perfecting her driving skills, and hypermiling skills whenever I'm next to her,
  • Her fuel consumption is hardly worse than mine,
  • I feel so relaxed not having to do the fighting on the streets of Warsaw.
A down side is that I keep the grille blocks open for when she will be driving without me. During the summer this isn't much of a problem, but when it starts to get cold I'll either have to automate the blocks, or teach Mrs. P when and how to open/close the grille. Neither will be easy

So while she is adding to Svietana's trip log, I am biking 40km daily. Part of my weight reduction plan to improve Svietana's FE

I met with AndrzejM (cheers!) a while back and had a chance to drive Bertha. Having the engine start/kill switch on the trans stick is just sooooo natural, that even now I can't get used to not having it in my car. This is the project I keep thinking about while biking to work everyday...

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread