View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 11:02 PM   #64 (permalink)
Concrete
Sequential

The Truck - '00 Chevy S10 Extended Cab
90 day: 22.47 mpg (US)
Quote:
I bought a scanguage and have been trying to get some good baseline number unmodified.
Silvernight,
I love the scangauge but it is only reading data from sensors that are designed for a very narrow field of view. Example - when I pull my map sensor I get 0 GHP - but that does not mean my fuel flow has stopped on my running engine. It just means I really don't have a fuel flow sensor - it is all calculated from more primitive means.

All this to say - if you are changing fuel chemistry - your scangauge will probably miss lead you - untill you run the calculations on the tank by hand. (This is often when the experimenters stop posting as well.)

I do wish you the best of luck on the HHO. I'm with ihatejoefitz on the thermodynamics though. I use to be in the hydrogen economy camp - until I took a thermodynamics class and realized the whole planet (trees included) run on a Carbon cycle - hydrocarbons are amazingly powerful and we have taken them for granted- they will not be easily displaced. But I also want some well reasoned data and less hyperbole on this HHO debate. Perhaps some of me still hopes the hydrogen economy concept will work.

interested in the outcome, please keep us posted.