View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 04:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
SentraSE-R
Pishtaco

Mean Green Toaster Machine - '06 Scion xB
Team Toyota
90 day: 48.92 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
Military bases and business cash registers and the like are clearly not public places.
cujet didn't limit his wanderings to public places. I said we have no expectation of privacy in public places. He claimed a no limits constitutional freedom (which doesn't exist), that "As Americans, we have every expectation of going where we want, when we want, and it's nobody's business where or why." I simply reminded him of the obvious limitations as soon as you try to cross a property boundary.

cujet, the barn door is open, so let's discuss this in public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
You say all this spying and database keeping is legal; it must be stretching the 4th to it's very limits if not beyond.

If these activities do in fact not violate the letter of the law, they damn sure violate the spirit of the law.
I didn't say that, Frank. I'm disappointed in you for building a straw man to attack, and claiming it's my position. I simply pointed out we have no expectation of privacy in public places. I took no position on the legality of spying and database keeping.

Boycotting Exxon since 1989, BP since 2010
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
Mean Green Toaster Machine
49.5 mpg avg over 53,000 miles. 176% of '08 EPA
Best flat drive 94.5 mpg for 10.1 mi
Longest tank 1033 km (642 mi) on 10.56 gal = 60.8 mpg

Last edited by SentraSE-R; 07-18-2013 at 04:16 PM..