View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 06:34 PM   #242 (permalink)
IamIan
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
So we're ditching the genset option because the Leaf's max charge rate is not high enough?
Maybe I misunderstood ... I thought he was pointing out the limits of the situation of going through a mostly OEM Electrical Input plug... ie the easiest option / method for someone to do the generator trailer.

Of course a different situation is also entirely possible ... but it would just become more complex than just plugging in a generator on wheels.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-hack View Post
Define the scenario, pick your components, make series promotion a science and not a religion.
Does that mean that you will agree with the math and references I already showed you in previous posts ???

Remember where the generator trailer was shown with corrected math and actual references ... that there are situations where the generator can be more efficient , from fuel to road.

Or is your religion too strong , to let you agree with the evidence?

- - - - -

I would add one caveat ... Unlike many posts about A>B , picking a winner kind of thing ... I have instead been very consistent in my own position ... I am not a series promoter or demoter ... I am neither for or against generator or pusher options ... each has pros and cons ... there is no singular ideal that is the best for all situations ... for those who want the it to be as simple as a black and white ... sorry for the wake up call ... but the real world doesn't work that way.
The Following User Says Thank You to IamIan For This Useful Post:
UFO (07-19-2013)